Wednesday 22 September 2010

Vocation Vocation Vocation


Some places make you feel at home. Like you should be there.



Some times you just know you are where you should be.


Sometimes you find yourself bathed in autumnal sun, planting tiny little plug plants in a field of dwarf clover, talking to your friend and listening to the sounds of happy children as they roam unchecked around the farm. 



I had the most sunny, beautiful day at the Share Harvest Farm yesterday. I spent the day working in the fields, whilst answering texts and phone calls for help and advice from two women who were in very different labours.


And as I carefully dug the little holes for the tiny cabbages, and leeks, and spring greens, and talked a woman through how to stay relaxed, and another through how to up her hormone levels, it occurred to me that this was about as perfect as it could get for me.
 My own personal work ideal!

Oh, and I also realised we need a farm, or a small small holding at least! Time to get thinking again.
Updates on the births over at the Birthwise blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I love reading them and hearing your thoughts.