Sunday 30 May 2010

France - at my Ma's

Well, we are back from France. The week away was fantastic and I have so much to post about, including turning Thirty yesterday, but I will take thing one step at a time.


Firstly, There is the reason we go to France, to the Dordogne region more specifically. And that is to visit my Mum and Step-Dad who live out there. So this post is all about my Ma's place.



Which is a beautiful old farm surrounded by old buildings and gardens that my Mum has designed and planted herself over the last 6 years. Half of the farm house is actually barn and the living space isn't massive so when we stay Jack and Fin sleep in the spare room in the house, while Simon, Fred and I sleep in the Pigeonnier. The Pigeonnier is a converted 'pigeon tower' that my parents let out as holiday accommodation.


Whilst the inside of the house isn't spectacular, the gardens and views are breathtaking, and having been couped up inside over the winter and having no outside space at home, we were all made the most of our beautiful surroundings.







This picture was taken as a a thunder storm rolled in. In about half an hour the sky was filled with forked lightening and during the night the storm passed right over us. The thunder was so loud it made me jump every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I love reading them and hearing your thoughts.