Saturday 3 July 2010

His First Cricket Match


Finley was selected to play in his first ever cricket match. You can see him, pictured here in the blue helmet, all padded up and ready to take his turn to bat. Unfortunately he was 7th and never actually got to bat, but he did get to field for his team.


We didn't get to see that though, as Fin's side were batting first, and by the time they were out I had had to take the two little ones back to bed.
It was a lovely evening though. I had my knitting, the little boys played on the climbing frame behind where I was sitting, and the weather was beautiful.
I still had no real idea what was going on, having never quite got to grips with the finer points of cricket, but asking Fin didn't help much, as it turns out he hasn't really got to grips with them either! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I love reading them and hearing your thoughts.